It’s the last day of school, so I’ll keep this short. Summer is our “down time”; our chance to unwind and take a break from the constancy of the school year. But, just as we tell the kids, that doesn’t mean our learning has to stop. Once you’ve had a chance to catch your breath, I’d like to offer a small challenge. This summer, try one new thing related to technology or digital learning. Here are a few ideas…
- Read some blogs and post a comment.
- Start a Twitter account and follow other educators.
- Sign up for a Diigo account and start saving your bookmarks online.
- Explore TED Talks and find one you could use with students next year.
- Join a MOOC and learn something new!
- Add something new to your teacher webpage.
- Create something using a Google App you’ve never used before.
- Get ready to find out what students know about your first unit by creating a fun game in Kahoot.
- Find a global project that complements your curriculum.
- Learn what coding is all about with the Hour of Code.
Pick one that’s new to you…or come up with your own idea. Then come back and leave a comment and share what you’ve learned. Have a great summer, everyone…and Happy Learning!